1500 years after their first go-round in 455 AD, the vandals are back in Rome, but with lowered ambitions. Instead of 14 days of looting they have settled for daubing paint on the new Ara Pacis museum in central Rome. The controversially ultramodern building, once dubbed an "air conditioning unit" by artist and vandal sympathizer Julian Schnabel, opened in 2006.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015