Art patron Julie Thornton has launched Testpeformancetest, a multi-year fund that will bring a mix of national and international performance work to Austin. The fund will also commission new work to be performed in Austin, beginning with Érection, an athletic solo performance inspired by Darwinian theory and science fiction, choreographed by Pierre Rigal and directed by Aurélien Bory that tracks the evolution of man from primitive life to homo erectus in forty-five spellbinding minutes. At the Austin Ventures Studio Theater (Ballet Austin 501 West 3rd) on April 23 at 8:00 p.m., April 24 at 6:00 pm and 9:00 pm. FREE!
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015