May 1 is the deadline for artists and arts orgs looking for emergency Hurricane Ike Relief Grants. The Texas Commission on the Arts, in partnership with the National Endowment for the Arts has a total of $33,000 to give away to entities damaged by last fall’s windstorm. $500 to $2,000 for individual, professional Texas-based artists who can demonstrate that a significant portion of their livelihood is made through the sale or practice of art. $1,000 to $5,000 for non-profit arts organizations (501c-3) impacted directly by Hurricane Ike to assist with administrative, operational, and programmatic costs not covered by another source.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015