Wednesday, April 1 is your chance to see chance to see real "action-painting" when more than a dozen World Wrestling Entertainment Superstars and Divas summon their fine art skills to further the cause of literacy. WrestleManiArt, a charity Art Auction, is one of the events leading up to the 25th anniversary of WrestleMania taking place Sunday, April 5 at Houston’s Reliant Stadium. WWE Superstars and Divas will be "going Picasso" to create original paintings, sculpture and comic artworks which will be auctioned off to benefit The Houston Public Library Foundation. The artwork of WWE Superstars Triple H, Edge, Big Show, Jeff and Matt Hardy, Jerry "The King" Lawler, Mickie James, Kung Fu Naki, Beth Phoenix, Santino Marella, CM Punk, Eve and Vickie Guerrero will be on display and available for purchase at auction. At the Houston Public Library’s lovely Julia Ideson building, 500 McKinney, Houston. 7-9 pm. Tickets are available to the public: $150.00 (VIP Reception with WWE Superstars) and $50.00. For ticket information, contact 832.393.1450.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015