In a juicy artworld sideshow to the economic meltdown, Lawrence Salander, prominent NY art dealer, was arrested thursday on charges that he cheated his clients out of an alleged $88 million. That’s million, not billion, and while Mr. Salander isn’t in the Madoff league, the 100 counts of grand larceny, falsifying business records, scheming to defraud investors, forging documents and perjury give plenty of scope for similar "I can’t believe it/I knew it all along" head-shaking.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015