Fahamu Pecou is an Atlanta-based artist who has been working since 2002 to re-brand himself as "the shit", with his "Fahamu Pecou is the shit" campaign, modeled after the aggressive marketing campaigns of rap and hip-hop artists. This Tuesday evening he will tell us whether it’s working at the Ft. Worth Modern when his celebrity expose: "Behind the Canvas" takes an intimate look the public face of his personal life. Tuesday, March 17, 7 pm.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015