The latest issue of Austin art newsletter …might be good is titled Take that, Cathy Horyn, a reference to the NYT writer who profiled the Austin art scene in the Sunday magazine back in… when was it? Oh, 2006. might be good editor Claire Ruud writes that Horyn’s "infamous" article depicted Austin as "one magnificently cool scene, one idealized image of itself." Ruud goes on to say the reality, which is "instability, awkwardness and messiness" is truer and preferable. It’s just a flesh wound, Cathy!! Come back here and take what’s coming to you!!!
also by Rainey Knudson
- Catching up with Okay Mountain - February 4th, 2011
- Two Great Shows, Part 1: Dan H. Phillips at Webb Gallery - December 16th, 2010
- Toby Kamps moves across town - July 14th, 2010
- Who's Afraid of the Big bad Show? - July 8th, 2010
- Dear Old Umeå, or Art Where It Never Gets Dark - June 24th, 2010