The latest issue of Austin art newsletter …might be good is titled Take that, Cathy Horyn, a reference to the NYT writer who profiled the Austin art scene in the Sunday magazine back in… when was it? Oh, 2006. might be good editor Claire Ruud writes that Horyn’s "infamous" article depicted Austin as "one magnificently cool scene, one idealized image of itself." Ruud goes on to say the reality, which is "instability, awkwardness and messiness" is truer and preferable. It’s just a flesh wound, Cathy!! Come back here and take what’s coming to you!!!
also by Rainey Knudson
- Pauline Oliveros, 1932 - 2016 - November 26th, 2016
- Naming and Shaming: Deborah Roberts at Art Palace - November 21st, 2016
- All good dreamers pass this way some day: on the election, and art - November 15th, 2016
- Statement On Our Instagram Post - November 5th, 2016
- Should Houston Have an Art Fair? - October 16th, 2016