The latest issue of Austin art newsletter …might be good is titled Take that, Cathy Horyn, a reference to the NYT writer who profiled the Austin art scene in the Sunday magazine back in… when was it? Oh, 2006. might be good editor Claire Ruud writes that Horyn’s "infamous" article depicted Austin as "one magnificently cool scene, one idealized image of itself." Ruud goes on to say the reality, which is "instability, awkwardness and messiness" is truer and preferable. It’s just a flesh wound, Cathy!! Come back here and take what’s coming to you!!!
also by Rainey Knudson
- Ron Hoover: Modern Business Shadows - April 2nd, 2017
- God Bless Bukowski - March 28th, 2017
- New Year: Less Internet, More People - January 10th, 2017
- Dorothy Hood: The Color of Being / El Color de Ser - January 1st, 2017
- This and That: Duchamp and Serrano - December 19th, 2016