The latest issue of Austin art newsletter …might be good is titled Take that, Cathy Horyn, a reference to the NYT writer who profiled the Austin art scene in the Sunday magazine back in… when was it? Oh, 2006. might be good editor Claire Ruud writes that Horyn’s "infamous" article depicted Austin as "one magnificently cool scene, one idealized image of itself." Ruud goes on to say the reality, which is "instability, awkwardness and messiness" is truer and preferable. It’s just a flesh wound, Cathy!! Come back here and take what’s coming to you!!!
also by Rainey Knudson
- As Moths to the Light: Pipilotti Rist at the MFAH - June 18th, 2017
- This and That: Andy Warhol / Tiger Woods - June 5th, 2017
- Why We Need Boring Old Textile Shows Now More Than Ever - May 21st, 2017
- Autumn Knight: Directions to Prairie View - May 8th, 2017
- Ron Hoover: Modern Business Shadows - April 2nd, 2017