The latest issue of Austin art newsletter …might be good is titled Take that, Cathy Horyn, a reference to the NYT writer who profiled the Austin art scene in the Sunday magazine back in… when was it? Oh, 2006. might be good editor Claire Ruud writes that Horyn’s "infamous" article depicted Austin as "one magnificently cool scene, one idealized image of itself." Ruud goes on to say the reality, which is "instability, awkwardness and messiness" is truer and preferable. It’s just a flesh wound, Cathy!! Come back here and take what’s coming to you!!!
also by Rainey Knudson
- Jeffrey Dell at Art Palace - October 15th, 2017
- The Devil’s Own Day in Houston: Letter from the Publisher - August 29th, 2017
- You Should Go To Mexico City - August 6th, 2017
- Please Stop Painting The Electrical Boxes (A Public Art Proposal) - July 30th, 2017
- This and That: Chris Burden, David Blaine + Youtube - July 1st, 2017