On the one hand, there’s the new memorandum of uderstanding between China and the US that limits trafficking in cultural artifacts made before 907 A.D. On the other is the article I read in this morning’s NY Times about indepedent collector Li Songtang’s struggling to preseve scraps of old Beijing amid rabid careless redevelopment. According to US Assistant Secretary of state Goli Ameri, the Chinese people are justly proud of their significant and unique heritage, but Mr. Li and UNESCO don’t think so.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015