In their next blog post , W&TW digests the recent statistics published in the NEA’s research report Women Artists: 1990-2005, in which the government quantifies the earnings discrepancies between male and female workers in the creative professions. Women’s earnings still top out at 85 percent of men’s in New york and New Hampshire, and less everywhere else. The study lumps visual artists, animators and art directors together, as opposed to dancers, musicians etc. Loaded with figures, the report (condensed from masses of no doubt indigestible data) is an interesting read.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015