Who says everyone is broke? In a big to-do at Austin’s City Hall this afternoon, local patrons Jeanne and Mickey Klein and Julie and John Thornton announced that they’re each kicking in $500,000 in 1:2 matching funds towards the Arthouse renovation effort, a $6.6 million project (i.e. the Kleins and Thorntons will give a million total if another $2 million can be raised). Go Arthouse!
also by Rainey Knudson
- You Should Go To Mexico City - August 6th, 2017
- Please Stop Painting The Electrical Boxes (A Public Art Proposal) - July 30th, 2017
- This and That: Chris Burden, David Blaine + Youtube - July 1st, 2017
- As Moths to the Light: Pipilotti Rist at the MFAH - June 18th, 2017
- This and That: Andy Warhol / Tiger Woods - June 5th, 2017