Who says everyone is broke? In a big to-do at Austin’s City Hall this afternoon, local patrons Jeanne and Mickey Klein and Julie and John Thornton announced that they’re each kicking in $500,000 in 1:2 matching funds towards the Arthouse renovation effort, a $6.6 million project (i.e. the Kleins and Thorntons will give a million total if another $2 million can be raised). Go Arthouse!
also by Rainey Knudson
- The Internet Publisher’s Lament - November 6th, 2017
- Art Dirt 11: David McGee - October 29th, 2017
- Jeffrey Dell at Art Palace - October 15th, 2017
- The Devil’s Own Day in Houston: Letter from the Publisher - August 29th, 2017
- You Should Go To Mexico City - August 6th, 2017