San Antonio realist painter Warren Hunter‘s works hang in the Alamo and the San Jacinto Monument; now he’s being honored with a Texas Historical Commission Historical Marker, dedicated Saturday at the Frontier Times Museum in Bandera. Born in 1904 in London, TX, Hunter, a beloved teacher, was the first dean of the San Antonio Art Institute, influenced many local artists, and continued to teach until his death in a flood in 1993.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015