The Harris County Medical examiner has ruled that that Houston art collector Robert H. Chaney died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head. Police say that the 50 year old Chaney was discovered inside his yellow Hummer on the third level of the Dillard’s parking garage by a Memorial City Mall security guard about 6 p.m. Wednesday. He was pronounced dead at the scene. Services will be held at 3 p.m. Monday at Geo. H. Lewis & Sons, 1010 Bering.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015