They’re All Beyond the Pale
Both candidates on both major party tickets are Irish. No, they’re not drunks or policemen, but descendents of an exodus from the "first English colony" that has flowed into America since before its founding. This is the first time that has happened in this country, I don’t even need to look it up. The great breakthrough for race and politics that an Obama victory could represent echoes the breakthroughs of Jack Kennedy, the first non-Britsh American President.
also by Sean Carroll
- Top Ten Old Things Its Good To Have Around 2008 - December 31st, 2008
- Top Ten New Things of 2008 - December 30th, 2008
- Top Ten Losses of 2008 - December 30th, 2008
- Top Ten Sculptures, Intallations and Giveaways in 2008 - December 30th, 2008
- Top Ten Paintings, Drawings and Performances in 2008 - December 26th, 2008