Think old shit is cool? Well then the soon-to-be renamed UH Downtown has the show for you!
Opening tomorrow will be thirty five original ink and pencil drawings of American Civil War scenes. Recieved by the university from the New York Public Library and the Library of Congress in DC, these yellowed documents would fit right in at either a history or art museum (maybe the science museum too, they seem a little slutty) but in the intimate gallery buried in the university straddling the bayou this show should be stripped of such noxious ephemera as gift shops and wall texts. Enjoy the little things in life that are free, push the littl’ dasies and make ’em come up .
opens Thursday, 6-8 pm
October 9th, 2008
also by Sean Carroll
- Top Ten Old Things Its Good To Have Around 2008 - December 31st, 2008
- Top Ten New Things of 2008 - December 30th, 2008
- Top Ten Losses of 2008 - December 30th, 2008
- Top Ten Sculptures, Intallations and Giveaways in 2008 - December 30th, 2008
- Top Ten Paintings, Drawings and Performances in 2008 - December 26th, 2008