As reported in today’s NYT, the Met is lending UT Austin 28 works of outdoor sculpture by such artists as Beverly Pepper, Tony Smith and Louise Bourgeois.
Andrée Bober is the founding director of the school’s public art program, which is independent from the Blanton Museum. 17 of the sculptures will be placed outdoors and in campus
buildings starting this month, and the remainder will be installed in
the Bass Concert Hall in January after its renovation is completed.
also by Rainey Knudson
- You Should Go To Mexico City - August 6th, 2017
- Please Stop Painting The Electrical Boxes (A Public Art Proposal) - July 30th, 2017
- This and That: Chris Burden, David Blaine + Youtube - July 1st, 2017
- As Moths to the Light: Pipilotti Rist at the MFAH - June 18th, 2017
- This and That: Andy Warhol / Tiger Woods - June 5th, 2017