As reported in today’s NYT, the Met is lending UT Austin 28 works of outdoor sculpture by such artists as Beverly Pepper, Tony Smith and Louise Bourgeois.
Andrée Bober is the founding director of the school’s public art program, which is independent from the Blanton Museum. 17 of the sculptures will be placed outdoors and in campus
buildings starting this month, and the remainder will be installed in
the Bass Concert Hall in January after its renovation is completed.
also by Rainey Knudson
- This and That: Breaking Bread - November 23rd, 2017
- The Internet Publisher’s Lament - November 6th, 2017
- Art Dirt 11: David McGee - October 29th, 2017
- Jeffrey Dell at Art Palace - October 15th, 2017
- The Devil’s Own Day in Houston: Letter from the Publisher - August 29th, 2017