Ten new paintings by Janaki Lennie have been installed in custom niches in the University of Houston Downtown’s recently completed College of Business building. Lennie received her MFA from UH in 1999 and now lives in St. John’s Newfoundland, and, via google, I’ve discovered her secret life as a glider pilot! The painting are the most recent additions to the University’s art collection, now 350 works spread among the UH System’s five locations, now curated by artist Michael Guidry.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015