San Antonio artist Ethan Moore writes: "Jennifer Khoshbin, is ripping off my art… I have been exhibiting this body of work in Texas and across the United States since 2003…Yes, I have been flooded with emails from galleries and collectors all asking ‘whats going on?’ and ‘am I collaborating with her?’ In this instance Rainey, its not just about a cornered market but an out right crime." Ethan, sounds like you’ve been hit with the sincerest form of flattery there is…just think, all the greats have been copied for years. How many wannabe Rauschenbergs/Bourgeoises/Gurskys/Richters do you see in almost every MFA show?? A: TONS.
Or, maybe, Khoshbin wasn’t aware of your art — sometimes a deerhead is just a deerhead.
also by Rainey Knudson
- The Devil’s Own Day in Houston: Letter from the Publisher - August 29th, 2017
- You Should Go To Mexico City - August 6th, 2017
- Please Stop Painting The Electrical Boxes (A Public Art Proposal) - July 30th, 2017
- This and That: Chris Burden, David Blaine + Youtube - July 1st, 2017
- As Moths to the Light: Pipilotti Rist at the MFAH - June 18th, 2017