Above Ground, an assessment of the needs of aging artists in New York City finds that, on the whole they’re doing just fine. The study, by the Research Center for Arts and Culture at Columbia University’s Teachers College, interviewed 213 visual artists age 62+ and found them incredibly poor, but endowed with a joy in life (and rent-controlled apartments) inaccesible to ordinary working people. Ha!
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015