Dallas uber-collectors Howard and Cindy Rachofsky are selling off Jeff Koons’ Ballon Flower (magenta) at Christie’s, London at the end of next month in order to better focus on American minimalism, Italian postwar art and German painting. The piece will be installed in St. James’s Square beginning June 21 and will be auctioned on June 30, and is estimated to fetch around $24 million. The Rachofskys donated their collection, whatever remains after their deaths, to the Dallas Museum of Art in 2005.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015