Dallas uber-collectors Howard and Cindy Rachofsky are selling off Jeff Koons’ Ballon Flower (magenta) at Christie’s, London at the end of next month in order to better focus on American minimalism, Italian postwar art and German painting. The piece will be installed in St. James’s Square beginning June 21 and will be auctioned on June 30, and is estimated to fetch around $24 million. The Rachofskys donated their collection, whatever remains after their deaths, to the Dallas Museum of Art in 2005.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015