Fifty years ago, Ima Hogg donated Bayou Bend and her collection of American decorative arts and paintings to the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston. Last Friday, ground was broken for the new the Lora Jean Kilroy Visitor and Education Center adjacent to the Bayou Bend estate at the corner of Memorial Drive and Westcott St. In a surprise announcement at the end of the event, MFAH Director Peter C. Marzio said the museum had acquired the property adjacent to the site, which will double the space available for the project, expected to open in late 2010.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015