The Dallas Museum of Art’s new Center for Creative Connections opens today. It’s a literally touchy-feely zone where visitors can interact with the art with more than just their eyes and intelligence. Designed with education (and education grants) in mind to be an "experimental learning environment that provides interactive encounters with works of art and artists." Among the many opening events, Austin artist Brad Tucker will coordinate the construction of an outdoor playscape using found and recycled materials and Janine Antoni will discuss licking chocolate and lathering soap as artistic practices.11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. FREE.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015