The Dallas Museum of Art’s new Center for Creative Connections opens today. It’s a literally touchy-feely zone where visitors can interact with the art with more than just their eyes and intelligence. Designed with education (and education grants) in mind to be an "experimental learning environment that provides interactive encounters with works of art and artists." Among the many opening events, Austin artist Brad Tucker will coordinate the construction of an outdoor playscape using found and recycled materials and Janine Antoni will discuss licking chocolate and lathering soap as artistic practices.11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. FREE.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015