Dallas Congresswoman Eddie Bernice Johnson is looking for talented high school artists for this year’s Congressional Art Competition. Since 1982, the competition has provided members of Congress an opportunity to showcase the talents of high school students in their respective districts. Congresswoman Johnson’s local art competition will take place Friday, May 2, 2008 at The McKinney Avenue Contemporary, Dallas, at 5:30p.m. The winning entry will be displayed along with entries from other congressional districts in Washington DC’s Cannon Tunnel. The high schools participating in this year’s event include Bishop Dunne Catholic, Booker T. Washington, Franklin D. Roosevelt, Lancaster, Lincoln, Pinkston, Skyline, Yvonne A. Ewell and Woodrow Wilson.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015