With Fotofest spreading its frenzy across Houston, and Chinese photography everywhere, it’s time to understand the new Chinese art phenomenon. Two interesting articles today talk about it from different perspectives: an Art Newspaper interview with Xu Bing, the new director of the Central Academy of Fine Arts, and a Guardian(UK) report on the gentrification of Beijing’s Dashanzi contemporary art district.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015