With Fotofest spreading its frenzy across Houston, and Chinese photography everywhere, it’s time to understand the new Chinese art phenomenon. Two interesting articles today talk about it from different perspectives: an Art Newspaper interview with Xu Bing, the new director of the Central Academy of Fine Arts, and a Guardian(UK) report on the gentrification of Beijing’s Dashanzi contemporary art district.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015