Arts Houston magazine publisher Frank Rose has been served with papers in a lawsuit claiming defamation in a youtube video. ("Paint it black " Newswire 12/19/07). The 16-minute video "Black Sky, White Eagle" posted on November 28, 2006 and viewed 4500 times so far, depicts citizens of Ponca City , OK and the operations of the Continental Carbon Corporation , which produces carbon black pigment at a facility that allegedly pollutes the area. According to attorneys for the company, the video contains misleading statements and visual representations. Rose, who uploaded the video for his aunt, a documentary filmmaker, says he had "no role in its production," but that "it would be great to build awareness about what’s happening in Ponca and just get more people to see the video." Nothing like a David-and-Goliath legal battle to attract publicity!
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015