Recent tax fraud investigations have turned up widespread inflation in the value of artworks donated to museums, spawning reformist rumblings from economists and the Congress, report Jason Felch and Doug Smith in the Los Angeles Times. In January, federal agents raided four southern California museums while investigating an alleged scheme involving the donation of overvalued Asian and Native American artifacts. Tyler Green rebuts in his blog, Modern Art Notes, here.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015