Critic Ken Johnson praised Rackstraw Downes‘ plein-air paintings like Pulaski Skyway Crossing the Hackensack River in this morning’s New York Times, calling them "engagingly intimate", even as he admitted they "could be mistaken for copies of wide angle photographs". Read an interview with the artist about his new show at Betty Cunningham Gallery, Chelsea, here.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015