Last week Tyler Green’s blog Modern Art Notes argued that Village Voice art critic Christian Viveros-Faune’s work on two commercial art fairs constituted a conflict of interest that disqualified him. Everyone with a blog chimed in their two cents, mostly seconding Green’s motion, and voila! Viveros-Faune and the Voice have parted ways . It doesn’t have any Texas in it, but it’s juicy.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015