Creative Capital has awarded grants to three projects from Texas for 2008. Luke Savisky (Austin) for his M/x, in the experimental film/video category, Otabenga Jones and Associates (Robert A. Pruitt, D. Jabari Anderson, Kenya Evans, Houston) for Uhuru Squad, a public art project, and Lili (Kaneem) Smith (Houston, TX) for her installation Forsaken Eulogies: Indifference. Each has received a $10,000 initial grant. As the projects develop, the organization offers additional funds; projects may receive as much as $50,000 each through the tenure of the multi-year grant. Among the many panelists doing the selecting were Andrea Grover (Aurora Picture Show, Houston) and Valerie Cassell Oliver (Contemporary Arts Museum Houston).
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015