MFAH is hosting the international colloquium "Concretismo and Neoconcretismo: Fifty Years Later" next Thursday and Friday, Sept. 13-14. Talks will examine the state of research on Brazilian Modernism. Also, the Meadows School at SMU is doing a day of talks on the topic of Collecting and Collectivity — they're pitching it as a sort of dialogue between the capitalist and socialist forces at work in the art world in the last century. One day only, Saturday Oct. 13, 9 am – 5 pm.
also by Rainey Knudson
- Jeffrey Dell at Art Palace - October 15th, 2017
- The Devil’s Own Day in Houston: Letter from the Publisher - August 29th, 2017
- You Should Go To Mexico City - August 6th, 2017
- Please Stop Painting The Electrical Boxes (A Public Art Proposal) - July 30th, 2017
- This and That: Chris Burden, David Blaine + Youtube - July 1st, 2017