We commented earlier this spring on the achievements of Ball-Nogues architects, who were introduced to Texas audiences last year at the Rice Art Gallery. Two more of Rice's alums (as it were) are doing great things: Phoebe Washburn's new commision from the Deutsche Guggenhiem opens this month in Berlin, and Alyson Shotz's piece she made for the Rice Summer Window series is now the signature lobby piece at the New York Guggenheim's current show The Shapes of Space. Again, as ever, Rice Gallery is ahead of the curve in bringing great new artists to Texas. We are lucky to have it in our midst!
also by Rainey Knudson
- You Should Go To Mexico City - August 6th, 2017
- Please Stop Painting The Electrical Boxes (A Public Art Proposal) - July 30th, 2017
- This and That: Chris Burden, David Blaine + Youtube - July 1st, 2017
- As Moths to the Light: Pipilotti Rist at the MFAH - June 18th, 2017
- This and That: Andy Warhol / Tiger Woods - June 5th, 2017