The cheesily-named Houston documentary Hot Town, Cool City premieres at the MFAH this Friday-Sunday, 3/30-4/1, with an after party Friday night hosted by Mayor White at Treebeard's downtown (you can take the rail!!) Given how clunky these rah-rah efforts tend to be, particularly about Houston, I'll reserve judgement until seeing the thing. But it's hard not to have low expectations.
also by Rainey Knudson
- The Internet Publisher’s Lament - November 6th, 2017
- Art Dirt 11: David McGee - October 29th, 2017
- Jeffrey Dell at Art Palace - October 15th, 2017
- The Devil’s Own Day in Houston: Letter from the Publisher - August 29th, 2017
- You Should Go To Mexico City - August 6th, 2017