The cheesily-named Houston documentary Hot Town, Cool City premieres at the MFAH this Friday-Sunday, 3/30-4/1, with an after party Friday night hosted by Mayor White at Treebeard's downtown (you can take the rail!!) Given how clunky these rah-rah efforts tend to be, particularly about Houston, I'll reserve judgement until seeing the thing. But it's hard not to have low expectations.
also by Rainey Knudson
- You Should Go To Mexico City - August 6th, 2017
- Please Stop Painting The Electrical Boxes (A Public Art Proposal) - July 30th, 2017
- This and That: Chris Burden, David Blaine + Youtube - July 1st, 2017
- As Moths to the Light: Pipilotti Rist at the MFAH - June 18th, 2017
- This and That: Andy Warhol / Tiger Woods - June 5th, 2017