I haven't yet seen the Kate Ericson/Mel Ziegler show at AMOA, but the MIT Press catalog for it is outstanding. It covers the artists' collaboration from 1985 to 1995 (the year of Ericson's untimely death from cancer), and features essays from some names familiar to the TX art world, including Bill Arning, Lane Relyea and Ned Rifkin. The best part, of course, is the work itself, captured in plentiful, beautiful photographs. (The design is great, too.) Don't miss this one.
also by Rainey Knudson
- This and That: Breaking Bread - November 23rd, 2017
- The Internet Publisher’s Lament - November 6th, 2017
- Art Dirt 11: David McGee - October 29th, 2017
- Jeffrey Dell at Art Palace - October 15th, 2017
- The Devil’s Own Day in Houston: Letter from the Publisher - August 29th, 2017