We’ve made fun to death of the cat and dog shows at the MFAH (and, having seen them in person, deservedly), and now we can add our feathered friends to the fun: SAMA has organized a show called Birdspace: A Post-Audobon Artists’ Aviary. Curator David Rubin will be lecturing on Nov. 29 about "the widespread occurrence of bird imagery in recent art." At least we can console ourselves that they won’t be trotting out hoary old paintings from university club mantlepieces — it’s all contemporary art.
also by Rainey Knudson
- The Devil’s Own Day in Houston: Letter from the Publisher - August 29th, 2017
- You Should Go To Mexico City - August 6th, 2017
- Please Stop Painting The Electrical Boxes (A Public Art Proposal) - July 30th, 2017
- This and That: Chris Burden, David Blaine + Youtube - July 1st, 2017
- As Moths to the Light: Pipilotti Rist at the MFAH - June 18th, 2017