For those who enjoyed Young-Min Kang‘s cut-up Spider Man comic in the recent 22 to Watch show out of Austin, he’s got a nice skull projecting from a wall on view at Studio 107. I had to check and make sure the sculpture Patrick at the Blanton wasn’t by the same artist–but no, that’s Oliver Herring, an ’04 Artpace resident. Kang’s good, though: he’s pulled the rabbit out of the hat enough times for us to sit up and pay attention.
also by Rainey Knudson
- Pauline Oliveros, 1932 - 2016 - November 26th, 2016
- Naming and Shaming: Deborah Roberts at Art Palace - November 21st, 2016
- All good dreamers pass this way some day: on the election, and art - November 15th, 2016
- Statement On Our Instagram Post - November 5th, 2016
- Should Houston Have an Art Fair? - October 16th, 2016