For those who enjoyed Young-Min Kang‘s cut-up Spider Man comic in the recent 22 to Watch show out of Austin, he’s got a nice skull projecting from a wall on view at Studio 107. I had to check and make sure the sculpture Patrick at the Blanton wasn’t by the same artist–but no, that’s Oliver Herring, an ’04 Artpace resident. Kang’s good, though: he’s pulled the rabbit out of the hat enough times for us to sit up and pay attention.
also by Rainey Knudson
- This and That: Breaking Bread - November 23rd, 2017
- The Internet Publisher’s Lament - November 6th, 2017
- Art Dirt 11: David McGee - October 29th, 2017
- Jeffrey Dell at Art Palace - October 15th, 2017
- The Devil’s Own Day in Houston: Letter from the Publisher - August 29th, 2017