For those who enjoyed Young-Min Kang‘s cut-up Spider Man comic in the recent 22 to Watch show out of Austin, he’s got a nice skull projecting from a wall on view at Studio 107. I had to check and make sure the sculpture Patrick at the Blanton wasn’t by the same artist–but no, that’s Oliver Herring, an ’04 Artpace resident. Kang’s good, though: he’s pulled the rabbit out of the hat enough times for us to sit up and pay attention.
also by Rainey Knudson
- God Bless Bukowski - March 28th, 2017
- New Year: Less Internet, More People - January 10th, 2017
- Dorothy Hood: The Color of Being / El Color de Ser - January 1st, 2017
- This and That: Duchamp and Serrano - December 19th, 2016
- This and That: Lynda Benglis & Rosie the Riveter - December 5th, 2016