For those who enjoyed Young-Min Kang‘s cut-up Spider Man comic in the recent 22 to Watch show out of Austin, he’s got a nice skull projecting from a wall on view at Studio 107. I had to check and make sure the sculpture Patrick at the Blanton wasn’t by the same artist–but no, that’s Oliver Herring, an ’04 Artpace resident. Kang’s good, though: he’s pulled the rabbit out of the hat enough times for us to sit up and pay attention.
also by Rainey Knudson
- Catching up with Okay Mountain - February 4th, 2011
- Two Great Shows, Part 1: Dan H. Phillips at Webb Gallery - December 16th, 2010
- Peter Marzio, head of MFAH, dies at 67 - December 10th, 2010
- Pamela Z TONIGHT in Houston! - December 4th, 2010
- Arthouse TX Prize Finalists Announced - November 20th, 2010