For those who enjoyed Young-Min Kang‘s cut-up Spider Man comic in the recent 22 to Watch show out of Austin, he’s got a nice skull projecting from a wall on view at Studio 107. I had to check and make sure the sculpture Patrick at the Blanton wasn’t by the same artist–but no, that’s Oliver Herring, an ’04 Artpace resident. Kang’s good, though: he’s pulled the rabbit out of the hat enough times for us to sit up and pay attention.
also by Rainey Knudson
- This and That: Chris Burden, David Blaine + Youtube - July 1st, 2017
- As Moths to the Light: Pipilotti Rist at the MFAH - June 18th, 2017
- This and That: Andy Warhol / Tiger Woods - June 5th, 2017
- Why We Need Boring Old Textile Shows Now More Than Ever - May 21st, 2017
- Autumn Knight: Directions to Prairie View - May 8th, 2017