This is so typical: TxDOT is proposing increasing the cost of all specialty license plates (including the popular “State of the Arts” TCA place) to $55. The additional $25 would go to a telemarketing firm hired by TxDot to sell the plates — none of the extra proceeds would benefit the educational, veteran, or charitable organizations on the plates. Annoyed? Write Rebecca Davio, TxDOT, 4000 Jackson Avenue, Austin, TX 78731, or call the vehicle registration office at 512-302-2076.
also by Rainey Knudson
- Jeffrey Dell at Art Palace - October 15th, 2017
- The Devil’s Own Day in Houston: Letter from the Publisher - August 29th, 2017
- You Should Go To Mexico City - August 6th, 2017
- Please Stop Painting The Electrical Boxes (A Public Art Proposal) - July 30th, 2017
- This and That: Chris Burden, David Blaine + Youtube - July 1st, 2017