Betty Cunningham Gallery in New York is currently “honoring the many years of Annette Lawrence’s work with her distinctive medium of pale cotton string.” Alongside a new site-specific installation and several works on paper, Lawrence is exhibiting 95 balls of cotton string. These balls are the final state of Lawrence’s many string installations over the course of her career, and they will be hung for the last time in this show.
also by Rainey Knudson
- The Devil’s Own Day in Houston: Letter from the Publisher - August 29th, 2017
- You Should Go To Mexico City - August 6th, 2017
- Please Stop Painting The Electrical Boxes (A Public Art Proposal) - July 30th, 2017
- This and That: Chris Burden, David Blaine + Youtube - July 1st, 2017
- As Moths to the Light: Pipilotti Rist at the MFAH - June 18th, 2017