In his first one-person gallery show since 1998 (Obviously A Movie at Angstrom Gallery), Dallas’ Erick Swenson makes his New York debut at James Cohan Gallery this month. Coinciding with his inclusion in the Whitney Biennial, Swenson’s newest large-scale sculpture consists of a cobble stone street measuring 24 x 14 feet, which creates a snowy setting for a fallen deer.
also by Rainey Knudson
- The Internet Publisher’s Lament - November 6th, 2017
- Art Dirt 11: David McGee - October 29th, 2017
- Jeffrey Dell at Art Palace - October 15th, 2017
- The Devil’s Own Day in Houston: Letter from the Publisher - August 29th, 2017
- You Should Go To Mexico City - August 6th, 2017