From the latest issue of Art & Auction: “[Ted Pillsbury] doesn’t rule out other potential offers for prominent museum jobs, including the directorship of the Frick Collection in New York. ‘I have taken this position in good faith,’ he says. ‘But, you know, I’m open.'” Pillsbury, former head of Ft. Worth’s Kimbell, tried his luck at the commercial side in a star-crossed venture with Gerald Peters, then moved on this past July to run SMU’s Meadows Museum.
also by Rainey Knudson
- You Should Go To Mexico City - August 6th, 2017
- Please Stop Painting The Electrical Boxes (A Public Art Proposal) - July 30th, 2017
- This and That: Chris Burden, David Blaine + Youtube - July 1st, 2017
- As Moths to the Light: Pipilotti Rist at the MFAH - June 18th, 2017
- This and That: Andy Warhol / Tiger Woods - June 5th, 2017