Liz Lambert, who turned a seedy flophouse into Austin’s fabulous Hotel San Jose is at it again, this time out west in a little town called Marfa. Lambert has acquired two motels out there, the Thunderbird and the Holiday Capri, and is overhauling them both. Lambert plans to re-open the Thunderbird next March, and the Capri is open in the meantime. Look for both hotels to be snazzed up for Chinati‘s open house in 2004. Lambert will be working with the old San Jose interiors team of Jaime Garza & R.L. Fletcher, and will probably get San Antonio architects Lake Flato in on the act again as well.
also by Rainey Knudson
- The Internet Publisher’s Lament - November 6th, 2017
- Art Dirt 11: David McGee - October 29th, 2017
- Jeffrey Dell at Art Palace - October 15th, 2017
- The Devil’s Own Day in Houston: Letter from the Publisher - August 29th, 2017
- You Should Go To Mexico City - August 6th, 2017