McKinney Avenue Contemporary’s Executive Director Lisa Hees has announced she is leaving the art space after three years at the helm, effective June 1. Hees will pursue arts related opportunities in the Boston area. The MAC, under Hees’ direction, experienced organizational growth through new collaborations and programming initiatives, and the quality of the art exhibitions produced while under her direction were largely excellent. Many received recognition in local and national media.
“I am honored to have had the opportunity to work with my incredible staff and Board of Directors,” says Hees. “The past three years I was Director at The MAC have been both professionally and personally rewarding beyond anything I could have imagined. I look forward to the future of The MAC and watching it continue to grow and serve its important role in our expanding cultural landscape.”
also by Lucia Simek
- Public Art is Winning! - May 22nd, 2014
- The Contemporary Austin Names a New Firestorm Fixer - May 21st, 2014
- Giant Camera Wins Giant Prize Purse - May 20th, 2014
- The Met Opens its Digital Vault - May 19th, 2014
- Goss-Michael Foundation's Associate Director Named Juror for ArtPrize - May 19th, 2014