The Lamar County Sheriff’s Department recently released a sketch of a robbery suspect and the UK’s Metro reprinted the drawing in its news section in order to propose that it may be the “worst police sketch of all time.” Metro adds, “it seems unlikely that the sketch will aid the police in their inquiries given that it appears to depict a confused-looking cartoon man.” Even Art F City linked to the drawing and offered the suggestion that perhaps “a Peanuts character went out on a mugging spree.” The Huffington Post compared the sketch to the famously failed restoration attempt of a Spanish fresco, known as the Beast Jesus.
The Sheriff’s Department stressed that “the sketch is not a true depiction of the suspect, only a likeness” of a man wanted in connection with robbing two women at knifepoint last week. Anyone with information about the crime is asked to contact the Lamar County Sheriff’s Department.
also by Paula Newton
- Trump’s “Border Wall” Shines Spotlight on EP Women’s Filmmaker Collective - March 23rd, 2017
- Another Artist Town Hall Meeting in Houston: Time to Get Political - March 22nd, 2017
- Trisha Brown (1936-2017) - March 21st, 2017
- Artist Appropriates Trump Slogan for “Painfully Powerful Statement” - March 17th, 2017
- It’s Just Macaroni and Cheese: Arts Funding to be Burned! - March 16th, 2017