The Lamar County Sheriff’s Department recently released a sketch of a robbery suspect and the UK’s Metro reprinted the drawing in its news section in order to propose that it may be the “worst police sketch of all time.” Metro adds, “it seems unlikely that the sketch will aid the police in their inquiries given that it appears to depict a confused-looking cartoon man.” Even Art F City linked to the drawing and offered the suggestion that perhaps “a Peanuts character went out on a mugging spree.” The Huffington Post compared the sketch to the famously failed restoration attempt of a Spanish fresco, known as the Beast Jesus.
The Sheriff’s Department stressed that “the sketch is not a true depiction of the suspect, only a likeness” of a man wanted in connection with robbing two women at knifepoint last week. Anyone with information about the crime is asked to contact the Lamar County Sheriff’s Department.
also by Paula Newton
- Huge Public Art Project in SATX Down to Four Finalists - August 26th, 2016
- Contemporary Art for Dogs! - August 25th, 2016
- Rauschenberg Foundation Expands SEED Program to Include Houston and Two Groups Win Big! - August 24th, 2016
- Houston Fringe Fest Returns! - August 23rd, 2016
- New Rules! Lawndale Mixes It Up For This Year’s Retablo Show - August 22nd, 2016