The Lamar County Sheriff’s Department recently released a sketch of a robbery suspect and the UK’s Metro reprinted the drawing in its news section in order to propose that it may be the “worst police sketch of all time.” Metro adds, “it seems unlikely that the sketch will aid the police in their inquiries given that it appears to depict a confused-looking cartoon man.” Even Art F City linked to the drawing and offered the suggestion that perhaps “a Peanuts character went out on a mugging spree.” The Huffington Post compared the sketch to the famously failed restoration attempt of a Spanish fresco, known as the Beast Jesus.
The Sheriff’s Department stressed that “the sketch is not a true depiction of the suspect, only a likeness” of a man wanted in connection with robbing two women at knifepoint last week. Anyone with information about the crime is asked to contact the Lamar County Sheriff’s Department.
also by Paula Newton
- Amy Poehler Buys Film Rights to Houston HS Teacher’s Book - January 18th, 2017
- Texas Medal of Arts Announces 2017 Honorees - January 17th, 2017
- Dessert Before Dinner: Houston Couple Pledges Entire Show to MFAH - January 16th, 2017
- Mixed Responses to Call for Artist Trump Protests - January 13th, 2017
- Party! Come Congratulate the Idea Fund Grantees - January 12th, 2017