There’s a new gallery opening on the eclectic strip of Houston’s Main Street between Midtown and Montrose. The location is close enough to the Museum District and the other Main Street galleries to be a smart idea, but it will be tucked in with casual, hip hangouts like Double Trouble, Tacos a Go-Go and the Continental Club. Juan Pablo Alonzo, founding director of the seven-year old alternative art space/gallery/studios El Rincon Social (ERS) is opening the gallery as “the new extension of ERS’ Eastside base.”
Alonzo Gallery‘s inaugural exhibition will be a group show, which opens on Thursday, December 5th, beginning at 5 pm and going well into the night (2:30 am).
also by Paula Newton
- Sedrick Huckaby Receives SMU's Moss/Chumley Award - January 20th, 2017
- UH College of the Arts Will Change Its Name After $20M Gift - January 19th, 2017
- Amy Poehler Buys Film Rights to Houston HS Teacher’s Book - January 18th, 2017
- Texas Medal of Arts Announces 2017 Honorees - January 17th, 2017
- Dessert Before Dinner: Houston Couple Pledges Entire Show to MFAH - January 16th, 2017