The Lubbock Avalanche-Journal reports that Sky Drill, by Austin artist Brent Baggett will be installed August 2 by the roadside where Spur 327 meets the westbound frontage road off South Loop 289 in front of Home Depot. It’s the third of seven proposed pieces to adorn Lubbock area roads under a project called “Art on the Llano.” The new sculpture will be sited for two years on a concrete pad donated by the Texas Dept. Of Highways. Texas Landscape by Lewisville artist Eric McGehearty was installed July 19 at the intersection of Quaker Avenue and South Loop 289 and Moon River by Houston artist Michelle O’Michael was installed July 23 on eastbound South Loop 289 at the Interstate 27 flyover.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015