In honor of the late, iconoclatic anthropologist, author, filmmaker, and curator Dr. Edmund Snow Carpenter, the Menil presents a reading of his landmark 1973 book, Eskimo Realities. The reading, which will take place within the all-white Upside Down gallery on Sunday, July 17, the closing day of exhibition, will begin at 5 p.m. and the museum will remain open until the entire 212-page book is read. Admission is free, but seating is limited.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015