The Chron’s Douglas Britt looks back at the year in art, handing out kudos to curators Yasufumi Nakamori, Michelle White, Timothy Gonzalez, and Valerie Cassell Oliver. Britt notes the new Bernar Venet and Dennis Oppenheim outdoor sculptures, and the sensationally spectacular Cai Guo-Qiang gunpowder/wallpaper that has pushed all but five other pieces out of the "Arts of China" galleries at the MFAH.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015