The Chron’s Douglas Britt looks back at the year in art, handing out kudos to curators Yasufumi Nakamori, Michelle White, Timothy Gonzalez, and Valerie Cassell Oliver. Britt notes the new Bernar Venet and Dennis Oppenheim outdoor sculptures, and the sensationally spectacular Cai Guo-Qiang gunpowder/wallpaper that has pushed all but five other pieces out of the "Arts of China" galleries at the MFAH.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015