Solution For Hair and Makeup , a salon across Westheimer from Lanier Middle School in Houston, is hosting a student art sale on Wednesday, December 1 (that’s tonight!) from 6:30-8:30 pm to raise money for the school’s art program. All art under $50! After the sale, head on over to the The Menil Collection at 7pm to hear an illustrated conversation with Kairn A. Klieman and Kristina Van Dyke on the "History of the Slave Trade and Visual Culture in Cameroon and Nigeria." The conversation is the final wrap-up of a collaborative Menil Collection/University of Houston art history class. Both events are free.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015