The International Quilt Festival opens Wednesday in Houston, and they’re expecting 52,000 visitors at the George R. Brown Convention Center. Themed sub-events include "Baltimore Album Review II," a show of traditional quilts, and the "Festival Gallery of Quilt Art" where, according to organizers, "people look at and say, ‘I can’t believe that’s a quilt. It looks like a painting.’" A third exhibit is devoted to quilts with patriotic themes. There will food court with Chinese, sno-cones and beef jerky, and a convenient "husbands’ lounge" with recliners and a big-screen TV turned to football.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015