A bus tour of Felix Gonzalez-Torres: Billboards, the first survey of the artist’s billboard works in the US, rides on Sunday, October 3, from 2-4pm in Houston. The directors of Artpace San Antonio, Blaffer Art Museum, and the Contemporary Arts Museum Houston team to lead a guided tour to several billboard locations throughout the Houston metro area. The bus will meet at Blaffer Gallery in the University of Houston’s Lot 16B, directly across from the Fine Arts Building. $25 for Artpace, Blaffer, and CAMH members, $75 for non-members; but that gets you two new memberships to Blaffer and the CAMH (a $125 value). To register, call (210) 212-4900.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015