Last month the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston announced the acquisition of 160 works of decorative art and craft from the exceptional collection of Leatrice and Melvin Eagle of Potomac, Maryland. The Eagle Collection includes ceramics by California-based artists who revolutionized the field such as Robert Arneson, Viola Frey, David Gilhooly, John Mason, Ron Nagle, Ken Price, and Peter Voulkos.
also by Margaret Meehan
- People in Your Neighborhood: Karen Weiner - May 10th, 2013
- Similar But Different #30: Art As Digestion - March 14th, 2013
- Yayoi Kusama: Princess of the Polka Dots - July 19th, 2012
- Seventeen Hundred Seeds: Cultivating Community As Art - June 2nd, 2012
- Similar but Different #29: The Rainbow Connection - May 23rd, 2012