Thriving Minds (once upon a time called the Dallas Arts Learning Initiative), Dallas’ city-wide "creative learning" partnership got a boost with another $4.3 million from The Wallace Foundation and $350,000 from JPMorgan Chase for an after school arts program at Rice, announced Thursday. The alliance, begun in 2006 among Big Thought, Dallas Independent School District, the city’s Office of Cultural Affairs, the Wallace Foundation and 100 other area arts organizations is trying to offset cutbacks in schol arts programs.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015